Saturday 22 December 2012

Have a very poundland christmas!

It's that time of year. What was the Halloween aisle is now the Christmas aisle and you know you need presents. But you browse through it and realise that it's obviously got nothing to do with Christmas presents. Instead, it is full of wrapping paper, hats and decorations. I didn't buy anything in this aisle, but instead bought a set of fake moustaches as a "gift", you know, that you give to people to show that you know they exist and that you got slightly annoyed thinking about them because all you could think was that that person would probably expect a present from you despite not knowing what they would want, and given their very specific interests or perhaps even their lack of interests, you have a 1 in 100,000 chance of getting them something they will enjoy. Anyway, that's what I assume when people get me things. So why am I reviewing the christmas aisle if I haven't bought anything from it then? Well in work the other day someone mentioned that the santas hat I had worn on 5 separate occassions over the last month, came from poundland. And yes...it was £1.

Santa Hat

Since i didn't really pay attention to my hat, not just because it's a stupid thing to pay attention to, but because I didn't know it was from poundland, I found it doing what a hat should do; make you forget that it's even there. I do actually remember a couple of occassions where I went to scratch my head forgetting it was there, so that backs up my point as proof! Its comfort rating is perfectly acceptable. 

What was I wearing the hat for in work? I was supposed to be an elf, for the purposes of keeping children occupied by pointing out reindeer made of foam for example, before they meet santa, get a present and fuck off. However they had no elf costumes. I assumed that if you were going to keep the whole idea of me being an "elf" up, you would need me to actually look like an elf. But no one questioned this. Not one. So did this seemingly ordinary santa hat with a flashing light (i will get to that) actually make me look convincing as an elf. I don't know. I am left unconvinced. Other people were wearing them and they didn't look like elves to me. But since it didn't cause me any bother when I was wearing it, I would highly recommend this £1 hat for similar purposes.

The flashing light is a great added gimmick. It has an indiscreet button on the outside of the hat to switch it on and I never had the problem of it stopping working.

But the best thing about the product? Well, I never guessed it was from poundland. Yes, it doesn't show any of the normal signs of being from poundland. Something that Red Mountain coffee and various types of egg timers never achieved.

So, overall, this product has far exceeded its £1 pricetag. And you could even claim you weren't in poundland if you're feeling extra sneeky. They won't even know.

NEXT...I will be reviewing a christmas album full of all your favourite christmas covers, which on first listen makes it seem like steel drums were the only type of drum available to them. Check back around the new year! But in the meantime... Merry Christmas!!!  

1 comment:


  1. Faulty goods, Poundland, not believed!

    Us people around the world are buying useless POUNDLAND devices just because they are CHEAP well do you guys know the ‘QUALITY’ of these useless Things. Advertising them!! PERSUADING PEOPLE to BUY it, when after a couple of days maybe not even 24 hours they will last long which means NOBODY will waste their time coming to your store and buying these items. If you are selling items like these devices please make sure that are good quality because people in this world are actually using couple of minutes of their lifetime in your store buying these devices thinking that ‘oh wow these eg. earphones are being sold in this store and look absolutely normal so I should buy this’ PLEASE this is a request not to spend your money on these devices you might be thinking that So What If We Only Spent This Much Money well let me tell you that EVERY PENNY COUNTS and there are some people in this world trying to actually earn this much. Thank you and I hope that this will make you understand the quality of these devices!

    ReplyDelete